Shower Shocked

Think a cold shower in the morning gives your body a shock? Imagine adding a current of electricity through your body to your morning routine. That’s exactly what Southern California Edison was responsible for doing to Redondo Beach resident, Simona Wilson.

From 2011 to 2013, stray voltage running through the ground from a nearby substation subjected Simona and her three young kids to “recurrent electrocution” that caused her a variety of health effects. Edison knew of the problem and made no real effort to correct the issue until Wilson moved out of her home.

After a couple years in and out of court, a civil justice jury ruled in favor of Wilson sending Edison its own shock. No word yet on how much she saved on her energy bill from all of the lights turning on each time she entered a room.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *